Brehon Family Services is a 501(c)(3) corporation dedicated to providing programs that improving the lives of children across North Florida. We currently serve Leon, Gadsden, Madison and Taylor counties.
- 1987: Project S.A.F.E. (Support and Family Education) launched in Madison and Taylor counties, serving more than 70 families annually
- 1992 Brehon House launched in Leon county, serving over 25 homeless, pregnant women and infants
- 1999: Healthy Families Gadsden program launched, serving 80 families annually
- 2001: Healthy Families Leon program launched, serving more than 100 families each year
Family services include:
- Pre- and postnatal education
- Career counseling
- Encouragement to enroll in GED and other school programs
- Assistance in finding permanent housing
- Individual case management
- Conflict resolution training
- Infant care training
- Training for building self esteem
- An opportunity to bond with newborns in a loving and secure environment
All of our services are voluntary and are provided at no cost to the families.
Our programs and services are available to persons with disabilities, who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have limited English proficiency. If you require an accommodation to participate in our programs and services, please contact us at 850-656-7110.