Welcome to Brehon House!
I would first like to extend my deepest gratitude and appreciation, on behalf of Brehon House, for your interest in being a volunteer! It is through the generous support of caring persons in our community that we are truly able to provide the highest quality of services for women.
This is designed to provide useful information about volunteering at Brehon House. You should find:
- Information about Brehon House
- Information about who can become a volunteer
- Steps to take in order to become a volunteer (Brehon's Policies and Procedures for Volunteers)
- The Online Brehon Volunteer Application
- A Confidentiality Agreement Form
- An Affidavit of Good Moral Character
- A "Time and Talents" form, which helps us find Volunteer opportunities that are the best match with your interests, abilities and schedule.
- A Receipt of Information form
About Brehon House
Brehon House provides security for homeless pregnant women and their infants in the Tallahassee area. These women and their newborns are provided the stable, nurturing, safe, warm and loving environment they so desperately need. They are provided: Pre and postnatal education, career counseling, assistance in finding permanent housing, individual case management, conflict resolution, infant care training, self-esteem building, and an opportunity to bond with their newborn in a loving environment.
Who Can Volunteer?
Almost anyone wishing to volunteer can do so provided that they are at least 18 years of age and of good moral character.
How Do I Get Started?
Call Shirley O'Rear at 850-656-7110 to make an appointment for an interview and fill out a volunteer form.